Today I celebrate 36 years of being on this earth
In these 3 decades of life I have learned a little bit.
1) You are never too old to ask for help/directions
2) You will fall flat on your face in life, but that is ok because you are trying
3) You can not live life alone. Life is to be celebrated with awesome people
4) You need to learn how to laugh at yourself
5) You need to learn not to take yourself too seriously
6) Don’t waste your times on things that do not matter
7) Don’t try to please everyone.
8) Confession is good for the soul
9) You’re a fool if you don’t learn from other people’s mistakes
10) You’re double the fool if you don’t learn from your own mistakes
11) A good name is far more important than you think
12) Don’t dwell on the past too much for you are more than your past
13) Never be afraid to ask question
14) Be quick to ask for forgiveness when you are wrong
15) Be quick to forgive
16) Insecure people will brag about everything
17) Quite people often have the wisest things to say…if you let them talk
18) Inspiration is everywhere if you stop looking for it
19) When you stop living for “you” the world looks a whole lot different
20) Grace was freely given to me, I should then give grace freely
21) Being a parent is scary
22) Getting older is scary with the thought of “What will my legacy be”?
23) Just because “you can”, doesn’t me “you should”
24) The one who shouts the loudest is usually and idiot
25) Having kids will show you how selfish you really are
26) Being married will show you how selfish you really ara
27) There is always two sides to one coin…unless all you have is a dollar bill
28) We are not promised tomorrow <<< Think about that
29) Don’t take family, health and friends for granted, because in an instant it can be all gone
30) Beauty is fleeting, sexy is forever
31) “Find a good spouse, you find a good life— and even more: the favor of God!” – Proverbs 18:22 <<< Halle-lu-yer!!!
32) I am the product of the influences that I allow into my life…Good or bad it’s all on me
33) I should always act on behalf of the helpless/orphan/widow/homeless when I can
34) I don’t think I know as much as I think I do
35) Without Christ’s sacrifice, I would be a man with no hope
36) So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us?
And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us?
There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture: They kill us in cold blood because they hate you.We’re sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one.
None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us. – Romans 8:31-30 (MSG)